Berne Swiss Days are quickly approaching, and the Swiss Stitchers Quilt Guild has announced that the 2013 quilt show will be held July 25-27.
The Swiss Stitchers challenge this year is “Earth, Wind, and Fire.” If you choose to accept this challenge you may choose one or more elements to create a quilted wall hanging. Inspiration may come from color, block style, or the word itself. Quilters are encouraged to be creative.
The wall hanging must be no larger than 50″x 50″ and no smaller than 40″x 40″. For more information regarding the challenge, contact Susan Lesh at 589-8425 or email at email@example.com.
The quilt show will be held at the South Adams School Cafeteria, 1000 West Parkway St., Berne, Indiana.
How to enter your quilts in the Swiss Day’s Quilt Show:
1. Quilts do not need to be preregistered.
2. Bring quilts to the South Adams School Cafeteria on Wednesday, July 24, 2p.m.-7p.m.
3. Security protection provided round the clock.
4. One free quilt show ticket for each quilt entry, up to 2 free.
5. Pick up quilts on Saturday, July 27th, from 4:30-5p.m. (No early releases)
6. All entries except past winners eligible for Viewer’s Choice prizes:
1st-$50 2nd- $30 3rd- $20
7. Quilts for sale are placed in a separate area. Price marked includes our 5% commission. There is a $2 hanging fee.
8. All categories of quilts, quilted items and garments will be included in the show.
Questions or more information needed? Send a SASE and request to:
266 Buckeye Street
Berne, IN 46711
Besides the quilt exhibit there will be a merchant mall, a silent auction, an opportunity quilt, the quilt challenge, quilts for sale, and quilts by kids (18 & under).
Show hours are as follows:
Thursday, July 25
Friday, July 26
Saturday, July 27
Admission fee is $3 per person. Children 12 years and under are free.
An opportunity to win a beautiful quilt pieced and quilted by members of the Swiss Stitchers Quilt Guild will be offered. Tickets may be purchased at the Engine House Quilt Shop, where it is being displayed until the show, or from members of the quilt guild. Tickets are $1 for one or 6 for $5.
The quilt show is always a popular event during Swiss Days, so be sure to plan to attend.
> Read More Information About Us
> More Articles Written By Our Staff